AVP, Strategic Analytics CLI
Overall Purpose of role
This person will be responsible to drive and support the analytics for the Credit Line Increase (CLI) program. An optimization engine is used to decide who should be targeted for Proactive CLI. They will work extensively in the engine to help increase accuracy and find new pockets of opportunity. In addition, they will examine the forecasts vs the actuals and decide where adjustments need made. Given that the function is responsible for the growth of the portfolio and to engage customers in the right way through credit line increase, they will proactively come up with new ideas and analytical techniques.
This person will work closely with the credit risk team to ensure all growth opportunities are within acceptable risk mandates and modelling team to ensure new models are developed to capture right customer behaviours in targeting. In addition, s/he will also coordinate efforts with marketing teams to find new ways to engage customers and finance to ensure that the program’s deliverables are aligned with annual profitability forecasts. Person will also support/ guide/ brainstorm in other ad hoc analytical projects that the team is engaged in.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
• Drive analytical efforts to optimize the CLI engine for credit card portfolio
• Analyze customer performance data and complete quantitative analyses using statistical software packages such as MS Excel, SAS, and SQL.
• Provide analytical support for new initiatives by proactively identifying opportunities to drive value in the Credit Line Increase optimization process.
• Support new execution strategies as the team move onto the Big Data platform.
• Bachelor's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
• 3+ years of analytical experience
• 5 Years of financial services experience with progressive responsibilities over that period
• Bank, Cards, or related financial services industry experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of SAS and Excel
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Master's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
• Knowledge of R or Python
• People management or leadership experience