Big Data Developer, (Java, Hadoop) - LT Contract
• Design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
• Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
• Standardize the quality assurance procedure for software.
• Oversee testing and develops fixes.
• Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems
• Load and process from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
• 3 to 5 years of Java experience
• Experience with Hbase, Kafka and Spark
• Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL
• Hands on experience in Data Analysis using SQL
• Ability to write simple to complicated SQL
• Ability to support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
• Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
• Experienced with Big Data concepts and components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HD
• Strong communication skills
• Requires a bachelor's degree in technical area and 3 - 5 years of experience