Big Data Developer, (Java, Hadoop) - LT Contract
• Design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
• Follow life cycle methodologies to create design documents and perform program coding and testing.
• Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
• Develop & Code software applications to support internal requirements and external customers.
• Standardize the quality assurance procedure for software and oversee testing and develops fixes.
• Contribute to the design and development of high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems.
• 3 to 5 years of strong Java coding experience.
• Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL
• Extensive hands on experience in Data Analysis using SQL.
• Experience with Hbase, Kafka and Spark.
• Load and process from disparate data sets using current technologies
• Ability to write and revise complicated SQL queries
• Provide support for data questions and analysis working with existing complicated queries
• Familiarity in Dev/Ops tools and environment, (Puppet, Chef, Python)
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Big Data components such as: YARN, Queues, Hive, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, HDF.
• BS in area of specialty and 3+ years of experience in related area.
Additional Technical Skills Required
• Python, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka
• Hadoop, AWS - S3
• Automation, Scripting, UNIX/Linux
• DevOps Methodology including Monitoring and Testing