Big Data Engineer - LT Contract
Join a global engineering team building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to handle billions of daily requests, and process terabytes of raw data daily.
Help solve complex, large-scale data challenges and enable the rapid adoption of cloud computing. This role will focus on leveraging of data to develop business insights and help derive business value from Big Data.
- Leverage big data to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical business problems using structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments
- Responsible for research, design, build, test, and deploy hardware and software technology components in cloud environment
- Test, debug, support, and analyze performance and document hardware and software technology components
- Drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Improve performance, availability and scalability of backend systems
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Partner with global engineering, product and operations teams to incorporate collective innovations and contribute to the long-term road map for data strategy
- Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Scala, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP)
- Experience in a large-scale systems/platform engineering in large enterprise environment.
- High level expertise in data processing and analysis in a distributed computing environment
- Well versed in SQL and structured and unstructured database concepts
- Familiar with Linux commands and environments
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Presto/Ruby, etc. and Linux commands
- Experienced with AWS, Hortonworks or other Cloud technology
- Ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies