Big Data Information Scientist
The Big Data Information Scientist will lead the implementation of the advanced analytics platform and execute on the strategy to establish a Data repository. Identify opportunities to design, implement and deploy big data solutions including data streaming, ingestion, transformation, and Machine Learning processes.
- Lead development projects and development teams utilizing agile methodology.
- Participate in all phases of data management: data extraction, transformation, enrichment, cleansing, and reporting analytics within a Hadoop and Teradata environment.
- Apply machine learning algorithms to develop models that predict business outcomes
- Interact with Enterprise Architecture and technology vendors to guide solution design
- Work with consumption layer data security and data masking/encryption.
- Utilize rapid exploration using structured and unstructured data from real time or random sampling, establish hypothesis and visualizing in OBIEE, Tableau etc.
- Research customers’ needs, conduct awareness and promotional sessions for customers
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database constructs and Batch/ETL
- Experience with transactional and dimensional data modelling
- Experience with Cloudera Big Data platform: Hadoop, HBASE, HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, Flume
- Familiarity with statistical methods and data science techniques such as regression analysis, Time series, classification, decision tree algorithms, Bayesian methods, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to senior management and Business partners