Big Data Systems Architect - LT Contract
• Provide senior level expertise on decisions regarding enterprise’s systems architecture.
• Establish and implement standards and guidelines for the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and applications across the enterprise.
• Review, advise and design software and hardware builds, system options, risks, costs versus benefits analysis, and impact on business process and goals.
• Develop and document framework for integration and implementation of changes to technical standards.
• Champion the relationship between Data Science, Design, and Product teams
• Assist in the development and management of an architecture governance process.
• Provide technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
• Track industry trends and maintain knowledge of new technologies.
• 7+ years of experience in infrastructure/systems environments performing systems planning, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization.
• Build visual interfaces, shared and custom visualizations for communicating data
• Collaborate with Data Designers on the design and implementation of data visualization products
• A passion for data visualization and a keen design sense.
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Develop & influence principles for data visualization for all interfaces and tools
• Solid UI and UX skills
• Experience building web and mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
• Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
• Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
Required Technical Skills
• AWS Serverless/Microservices