Data Engineer/Developer/Architect - LT Contract
Use your data and programming skills to develop new tools and platforms to deliver new customer driven applications.
Multiple opportunities in Phila., Wayne, Denver, Virginia and others.
You will focus on designing and building an automated suite of tools to manage and control the flow of data and information from many disparate sources.
· Create processes to continuously monitor data quality and discover data anomalies
· Own data collection activities to ingest data at scale, using a variety of techniques
· Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
· Provide development and QA services using Java and other scripting languages
· Utilize cutting edge tools such as Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hadoop, AWS
· Excellent Java and scripting skills
· Proficient in SQL
· Amazon Web Services
· Data oriented personality
· Exposure to Big Data platforms and technologies such as Amazon EMR and Hadoop
· Understanding of and experience in ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
· Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
· BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field