Data Product Manager
This role will lead the data management processes to improve the availability and use of data within the organization and various lines of business. This includes leading business efforts in creating, maintaining, and optimizing data in support of strategic analytics, reporting, and business operations.
This position will build out the data management function and strategy, including implementation and maintenance of appropriate data structures, data management, and data governance.
- Build and maintain appropriate data models and structures for reporting, operations, and analytics
- Creation of standardized data and reporting processes in order to make data operational/analytic/BI ready
- Design and support quality policies and procedures to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
- Own relationship with IT data services team for analytics-owned processes
- Review data to determine operational impacts and needed actions; elevate issues, trends, areas for improvement and opportunities to management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation on execution processes and data including data lineage, metadata, and required data governance outputs
- Maintain an active pulse on the market place of emerging practices and technologies
- 7+ years technical experience, including data warehouse, HDFS, data programming, data automation
- Hands-on technical experience with warehouse architecture, data modeling, requirement gathering, relational database structures and data analysis
- Experience with Cloud technologies, preferably AWS and Redshift.
- Working knowledge of Python, R, Hive, Scala, Presto, Spark
- Strong ability to think through optimal data structures for intended business purposes
- Experience in financial services, loan products or brokerage line of business
- Self-motivated and capable of delivering results with minimal ongoing direction
- Strong focus and attention to detail and proactive approach to problem-solving and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience