The Data Steward position will work to implement and maintain an appropriate data governance program within multiple lines of business. The will require creating outputs, administering policies, and ensuring compliance necessary to ensure robust data quality.
The involves working across multiple business teams as well as integration with the analytics, data management and data engineering teams.
- Capturing and documenting metadata data lineage, profiling and assessing data quality, assigning business and technical responsibilities for data ownership, and capturing business rules
- Create routines for oversight of data environment, data procedures, and end-user reporting
- Support data modeling and data management activities
- Provide project management support for broader analytics and data teams
- 3+ years of experience fulfilling the role of a Data Steward
- Ability to work collaboratively with analysts, architects, modelers, business and technical teams
- Proficiency in SQL for generating quality assessments and insight generation
- Experience working within a data warehouse team or reporting team as an analyst, modeler or data steward
- Excellent communication skills with both business and technical audiences
- Knowledge of financial services and products, brokerage operations
- Prior experience performing data modeling and/or data architecture in a data warehouse/BI initiative
- Strong project management skills to maintain calendar of necessary data management activities
- Ability to leverage multiple tools to create and maintain necessary data stewardship outputs