DevOps Engineer, Data Platforms
DEVOPS ENGINEER, DATA PLATFORMS
An employee filling the role of DevOps Engineer, in Data Platforms will be responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability, and stability of all of our production Data Platform systems and services. These activities include the design and specification of technical infrastructure that facilitates the integration of software development and delivery from inception to full operation.
As a member of the DevOps engineering team, an employee filling this role would be responsible for implementing solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications and systems.
This position offers the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the development of the future of Data and Technology platforms.
- Activities ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
- Engages with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems.
- Analyzes of technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency.
- Implements solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications.
- Liaises infrastructure team regarding current and future systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes. Coordinates the release of new software and systems.
- 2 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Proficiency in deploying Cloud based infrastructure.
- Proficiency in modern SCM packages (Puppet and/or Chef, etc.).
- Proficiency in programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++, Node.JS etc), database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Redis), and networking protocols used for the implementation of supported systems
- BS/BA in a related technical field or equivalent experience.