Director, Credit Risk Management
Accountable for the development and mentoring of a high performing team that conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market, credit and/or operational risks of new and existing financial products. Influences processes at both the business unit and enterprise level and leads and sets the agenda for risk management deliverables. Responsible for influencing complex decisions at both the enterprise and business unit level utilizing advanced analytical results that assess future risks, opportunities, and effectiveness. Leads or provides direction to cross-functional teams to achieve objectives across multiple business units or Centers of Excellence. Participates in and supports internal and external audits, regulatory reviews, and rating agency requests.
- Leads teams that utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Presents results to various levels of leadership and influences key decisions that have business unit or enterprise impact.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Oversees the development of complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May oversee model validation and model governance efforts.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change
- Oversees the production of advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influences solution strategies.
- Effectively communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory bodies and the Board of Directors.
- May serve in a lead capacity in governance committees.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders during audits, regulatory reviews and rating agency requests.
- Manages vendor relationships and evaluates needs pertaining to workforce augmentation.
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may work with other risk functions in the development and implementation of risk controls.
- Performs all other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or a related field required
- 8 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Enterprise risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance or financial services
- Credit analysis experience in relevant sectors (i.e. financial institutions, Asset managers, Hedge funds, etc.)
- Credit policy/procedures and governance and regulatory guidance.
- Relevant experience in Credit and Credit Markets, understanding of Financial Markets
- Extensive work experience in a position directly related to credit risk management in an insurance or banking institution.
- Experience with credit risk modeling or economic capital systems and industry-standard software (such as Risk Frontier, MSCI Credit Manager, and/or Igloo).
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current CFA candidate.
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation or current FRM candidate.
- Strong knowledge of modeling and valuation of fixed income instruments and/or derivatives.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline, or post graduate qualifications in a relevant field