Director of Strategic Analytics
Seeking an analytical leader with experience building and leading high skilled teams and serving as internal consulting resource for the organization. Must be capable of rolling up their sleeves in delivering plans, analysis and strategy on complex issues and deliver answers to strategic business questions.
- Proactively work with internal organization to plan and anticipate the need for business analysis and function as internal analytic consulting team
- Drive the analytic team to deliver insights and identify opportunities to increase the use of analytics to tell the story with data andprovide practical business solutions
- Promote and foster a culture of data driven analysis and knowledge-sharing that encourages learning
- Identify fact-based solutions and strategies for key business issues raised by clients
- Translate clients’ complex business questions into a
- Utilize and interpret transaction and event level data to deliver structured analytical plans
- Determine when and how to use quantitative research tools and models and assist in interpretation
- Establish policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing and safeguard the information resources.
- Direct the planning and deployment of data engineering and analytics solutions and policies
- Direct the continuing review of all current applications and formulation of future systems/applications
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, plans, timelines, and performance metrics
- Develop and manage budget to ensure required resources are available.
- Define the information, reporting, and analytical needs of the company.
- Ensure programs progress, status reviews are completed, and corrective actions are taken as needed
- 10+ years’ experience identifying and delivering large scale analytic solutions and strategies
- Proficient in R, SAS and SQL and expertise with relational database and analytic tools
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that spur action
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Executive level communication skills and the ability to "tell the story" beyond the numbers
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- BA/BS in marketing, economics, statistics, engineering, mathematics or related quantitative area
- MS/MBA strongly preferred