Enterprise Risk Analyst
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
This position supports the Bank Enterprise Risk Management Team responsible for developing and ensuring adherence to the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework. Additional core responsibilities include the development of Risk Assessment standards and ensuring adherence of both 1st and 2nd Line risk assessments.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations
- May present findings to various levels of leadership
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership
- Contributes to the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Effectively contributes in cross functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization
- Supports the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required; or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 4 or more years risk management or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative, matrixes environment
- 3+ years banking experience, specifically in risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- Prior regulator experience and/or working knowledge of regulatory requirements to include OCC Heightened Standards
- Strong Risk Assessment Framework knowledge and experience
- Experience performing risk assessments covering key risks and initiatives
- Experience aggregating and analyzing various types of risks and data with output to dashboards and/or formal written assessments
- Experience developing clear and concise written analysis and communicating conclusions/findings to management committees
- Experience building reports and presentations and managing projects
- Working knowledge of credit, financial, operational, compliance, strategic, and reputation risks
- Experience with reviewing, testing and challenging risk assessments