Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business in exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
This position supports the Bank Enterprise Risk Management Team responsible for developing and ensuring adherence to the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework. Additional core responsibilities include the development of Risk Assessment standards and ensuring adherence of both 1st and 2nd Line risk assessments.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations utilizing maturing knowledge.
- May help present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Assists in communicating results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Supports the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Supports processes that focus on enhancing strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies maturing knowledge to participate in producing analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
Contributes in cross functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Assists in the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required; or 4 additional years of related
- 2 or more years risk management or operations experience in a relevant functional area.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- 1+ years banking experience, specifically in risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- Experience evaluating and testing adherence to a framework or standard
- Working knowledge of Bank regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of new products/services development processes at a financial institution
- Experience aggregating and analyzing various types of data with output to dashboards and/or formal written assessments
- Experience performing risk assessments covering key risks and initiatives within a financial services company
- Working knowledge of various risks (credit, financial, operational, compliance, strategic, and reputation risks)
- Ability to build reports and presentations
- Project management experience