Financial Model Documentation Lead
A global financial services company is looking for a quantitative professional to support Finance and Treasury model owners by assisting in the documentation, evaluation, and validation of their models. The successful candidate will take a leading role in ensuring that a suite of models is documented and monitored appropriately to support the enhanced standards for model governance and controls.
· Lead and assist on the documentation of Finance and Treasury models in accordance with Model Risk
Management standards and SR 11-7.
· Responsible for drafting Finance’s submissions and presentations on model design, monitoring and ongoing
validation for internal audiences (and where appropriate, regulators) to ensure relevant internal/regulatory
policies and standards are met.
· Perform independent reviews and challenges of the model monitoring in place proactively looking for areas of
concern and identifying areas and methods of improvement.
· Responsible for ensuring that the team has adequately documented its procedures to ensure compliance with
all internal policies and standards and to ensure that documentation demonstrates compliance with all
· Play a key role in helping to effect process improvements related to the entire chain of tasks performed for
model development and monitoring, and for ongoing compliance with internal policies and standards as well as
external requirements from regulators.
· Remain up to date in terms of relevant regulatory trends and the evolving industry practices and will brief
stakeholders on any relevant developments as they may arise.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
· 2+ years of experience in model validation, documentation or development at a financial institution
· 5+ years of financial services experience
· A good command of quantitative finance and statistics
· Very strong documentation skills
· Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and SQL
· Experience in model design and/or model monitoring
· Experience with financial forecasting models and stress testing models
· Project and process management skills, in particular in respect of large, long-term projects