Group Director, Data Science
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Prior experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of data scientists
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
· Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, MatLab, etc
· Ability to juggle a portfolio of projects and prioritize resources accordingly
· Experience with data visualization tools
· Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
· Advanced degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics preferred
· Knowledge of most of the following quantitative fields: Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Statistical Analysis & Modeling, Causal Inference & Program Evaluation, Text Mining & Natural Language Processing, Econometric Time Series Analysis, Behavioral Economics, Design of Experiment, Mathematical Programming, Multi-Objective Optimization, Decision Theory, Stochastic Optimization, Heuristic Algorithms, Reinforcement Learning, Monte Carlo Simulation, Speech Analytics, Bayesian Statistics, and Network Science
· Design solutions that measure and analyze traditional and digital media.
· Design a research-based approach to find the most effective marketing strategies.
· Product and Deliverable Development:
Innovate, define, launch and deliver new research products and services.
· Direct a team to mine, query and analyze marketing campaign information to identify key trends and create relevant conclusions and implications.
· Design integrated analytics and attribute results from different inputs.
· Direct and mentor a team of analysts to deliver measurement that informs future strategy and identifies opportunities in the market for an organization to achieve its goals.
· Manage all elements of projects including internal team and budget management. Mentor analysts to project manage projects.
Business and Client Development:
· Design research studies and coach analysts to deliver reports and present findings.
· Develop proposals for new business prospects as well as create plans and budgets for new projects.
· Travel to client offices as necessary.
· Work with SVP to connect to global measurement practice.
· Partnerships and Training:
· Lead HMA's DS strategy, governance, training, measurement, evaluation of tools, procurement and set-up of software.
· 12+ years of professional experience managing market analytics and measurement to formulate, develop and implement marketing or reputation strategies at a marketing and/or advertising agency.
· Expertise in measuring and evaluating earned, shared and owned communications including media and blogger outreach, user forms, and traditional online and social media.
· Understand marketing and communications strategies including creative in the marketing mix.
· Be a strategic thinker that understands marketing strategy and how to use measurement methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients.
· Track record of building successful relationships across organizations to promote the impact and value of research, analytics and insights.
· Strong leader with experience managing large internal cross-practice, cross-functional teams (including research, planning, creative, programming and analytics), as well as experience working across and leading integrated agency planning teams.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels using both technical and non-technical verbiage.
· Ability to turn data and analysis into insights and metrics that can be actionable in the context of marketing strategies and campaigns.
· A broad understanding of core and emerging analytics methods and approaches as well as statistical techniques and how they can be deployed to drive value.
· Demonstrated ability to assess reporting and modeled results from the perspective of the business and to adapt output accordingly.
· Experience writing proposals.
· Experience with innovating, defining, launching and delivering new research products and services.
· Experience in working directly with clients, including presenting research and data and developing, recommending and implementing marketing strategies.
· Possess a business development mindset.
· Be comfortable with managing project financials to ensure projects stay on budget and are profitable.
· Be an effective time manager and be able to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritize time.
· Have a positive attitude and inspire confidence from clients and team members.
· Possess intellectual curiosity and approach business questions with creativity and insight.
· Ability to get to the heart of issues quickly and act decisively while seeing the “bigger picture” and executing and communicating clear messages to the business as a whole.
· Be detail oriented, organized, and thorough and have respect for quality control.
· Practice good judgment and be able to work well with others and collaborate productively with team members and clients.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-cultural environment.