Information & Data Analytics Manager
The Manager of Information and Analytics will lead the organization responsible for the management of data, information, business intelligence and knowledge across the entire company, as well as for data analytics capabilities for the IT department. This position is responsible for both development and execution of overall data strategy, following emerging trends and opportunities in data analytics, and ensuring that these capabilities are integrated into operations.
- Oversee a team of supervisors, individual contributors, and contractors to lead the Information Governance, Business Intelligence and Data activities in support of business objectives and strategy.
- Work closely with internal customers to develop and execute an overall data strategy for the company.
- Develop and provide oversight of the tools and processes for the identification of data sources, and efficient and error free retrieval of information from digital systems.
- Lead the overall process for information governance within the company including associated committees, procedure oversight and governance.
- Lead the business intelligence team, responsible for digital data warehousing and for building reports and integration tools more accessible to customers.
- Effectively communicate with clients, peers, and interdepartmental management in business matters involving data.
- Ensure the organization has the appropriate tools, processes, and people so that data is used efficiently and effectively throughout the organization.
- Relentlessly pursue new opportunities to learn from system problems, improve performance, and provide new opportunities to use data to improve performance at a lower cost.
- Responsible for the overall budget and cost performance for the Information and Data Analytics organization, serving as a steward for the company's investments in this domain.
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff and ensure the appropriate development of strategic, leadership and technical skills within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls within area of responsibility.
- Ensure the new data solutions developed are cost-effective, reliable, and accurate and are consistent with the company's standards.
Where appropriate, contribute to the development of new technology standards, including a pursuit towards the use of more advanced automation and data analytics opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer/Data Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Engineering or a related degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- Related experience in Data Analytics, Information Technology, Machine Learning concepts, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 3 + years of direct supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with rapid technological and business change
- Experience in Information Governance preferred