Lead Credit Risk Analyst
Measures, monitors, and analyzes historical trends and external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for loan products. Develops detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict, evaluate and manage the credit risk across various loan portfolios. Assesses lending product/portfolio performance specific to credit loss and financial elements. Accountable for achieving business objectives and results.
Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution. Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, and leads team through the problem resolution process.
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Directs analyses, root cause identification, and development and recommendation of key work products to mitigate associated risk or leverage potential business advantages.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Recognizes and leads the development and implementation of appropriate credit risk strategies. Serves as a subject matter expert for product segmentation and credit loss activities.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 8+ years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience
- Demonstrated leadership and/or managerial experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and applicable databases
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
- segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic)
- Ability to work with large databases and datasets for extraction, conversion into useful business information, and analytical purposes
- Expert knowledge of industry data sources
- Thorough knowledge of product segmentations, financial instrument relationships, and credit loss activities and key drivers
- Masters degree in modeling, statistics or similar
- 8+ years developing and implementing statistical models
- 8+ years combined risk management experience in credit card, consumer lending, and deposits
- 5+ years in risk strategy development
- Proven experience developing models and converting to decision trees (non-probabilistic, discrete, formats)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) project experience a plus