Lead Risk Analyst, 3rd Party Risk
The Lead Risk Analyst provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates crossfunctional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required with 6 additional years of related experience OR PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of third party risk management processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and operating governance, frameworks and processes to comply with vendor management / third party risk management related regulatory requirements, guidance and oversight (OCC 2013-29, Fed SR 13-19 or other relevant third party risk management / vendor management regulation applicable to the financial services industry)
- 5 years experience in third party risk management, assurance and / or oversight or relevant supplier or third party audit or compliance experience
- Experience using third party risk management /Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Currently hold industry recognized third party risk management or vendor management certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience performing both detailed and executive-level documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint