Manager, Pricing & Models
Manager – Pricing & Inventory Models
Whether in a technical expert or supervisory role, a successful Manager candidate will:
• Analyze and/or supervise analysis performed by others on vast amounts of complex pricing-related data, applying statistical methods to identify data integrity issues and to develop/validate predictive models
• Collaborate with other vehicle pricing and statistical modeling experts to identify potential opportunities to improve model performance
• Research innovations and pricing best practices related to data sources and modelling methodologies
• Encourage, challenge and influence others within the Strategy Group and other departments in the development of our modeling capability strategic roadmap
• Benchmark model methodologies and performance by developing alternative models and designing, deploying and monitoring controlled experiments
• Manage projects involving the coding and development of new models, including developing project plans, setting and managing expectations, and delivering results through self and/or others
• Assess the methodologies and processes used to develop and manage models, identifying potential weaknesses and the associated materiality of the risk
• Leverage insights to influence Senior Management and drive business value
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
• 4+ years of experience in a broad range of data science and statistical modeling methodologies
• Passion for using analytics in problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard modeling methods, both to fellow analysts and other colleagues
• Experience managing model development projects and supporting analytical models deployed within critical business processes
• Strong influencing skills, which are applied effectively at all levels of an organization and across multiple functions
• Record of building and maintaining strong working relationships
• Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (math, statistics, operations research, economics, physics, engineering, etc.)
• Desire to develop into a strong technical leader and/or people manager
• Experience using SQL and Python to analyze big data sets a plus
• Graduate degree in statistics, data science or related field a plus
What are some of the unique benefits of the job?
• Work/life balance. We work hard, but enjoy very reasonable hours. Our jobs are a healthy part of a great life.
• Focus on professional development. In our Strategy Group, your development is as important as your work. Our leaders are heavily invested in helping managers hone their technical, communication, leadership, and other skills.
• Great, close knit team. The broader Strategy Group consists of ~40 analysts with stellar work and academic backgrounds spanning from economics, math, and engineering to political science and creative writing, contributing to our collaborative and fun atmosphere.
• Great place to work. We’re proud to be one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” 12 years in a row. In addition to comprehensive benefits, we have a fun and casual environment with perks like flexible vacation and an on-campus fitness center where we hold our group’s annual Analyst Games competition.