Manager, Risk Analytics
As a Risk Analytics professional, you will support global financial services firms in achieving their expected return targets while managing risks, and complying with regulatory requirements in the most cost-effective manner. By refining and optimizing our clients' abilities to identify, measure, monitor and manage financial risk, we create substantial shareholder and economic value. We have the breadth of risk analytics experience, global resources, best-in-class analytical tools and frameworks, superior assets and deep knowledge to help our clients become high-performing Financial Services businesses.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead client engagements that may involve model development, validation, audit, governance, risk strategy, transformation and end-to-end implementation of risk management solutions for clients.
- Advise clients on a wide range of Credit, Market and Operational Risk Management/ Analytics initiatives. Projects may involve Risk Management advisory work for CROs, CFOs, etc. to achieve a variety of business, operational and regulatory outcomes.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior executives and management on their business needs and issues.
- Develop and frame a Proof of Concept for key clients, where applicable, including scoping, staffing, engagement setup and execution.
- Mentor, groom and counsel analysts and consultants to be successful and effective Management Consultants.
- Support development of the Risk Analytics Practice by driving initiatives around staffing, quality management, recruitment, capability development, knowledge management, etc.
- Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends in Financial Risk Management. Contribute to development of Points-of-View on a variety of risk analytics topics.
- Publish research and present ideas at industry conferences and seminars
- Identify business development opportunities for our Risk Management offerings in the Banking and Capital Market domains. Develop compelling business case/response to new business opportunities.
- Work with deal teams to provide subject matter expertise on credit, market and operational risk related topics and participate in development of client proposals and RFP responses.
Client Relationship Development
- Develop trusted relationships with internal and external clients, and have an eye for qualifying potential opportunities and negotiating complex deals.
- Build strong relationships with global Analytics and Risk Management teams, and further develop existing relationships based on mutual benefit and synergies.
Minimum of 6 years of experience within Risk Management/ Analytics at a Financial Services firm (Consumer/Commercial Bank or Investment Bank or Broker-Dealer), Rating Agency or Professional Services/Risk Advisory firm, with significant exposure to one or more of the following:
- Risk Ratings and Credit Risk Methodology
- CVA/ CCR / Counterparty Risk
- Market Risk / MtM/ VaR methodologies
- ALM/ Liquidity Risk / Balance Sheet management
- ALLL and Provisioning
- Stress Testing, Capital Management
- Risk Appetite, Limit Management
- Credit approval, acquisitions, underwriting and credit policy
- Collections and Recovery
- Fraud Management
- Model Validation, Model Risk
- Model Audit
- Minimum of 3 years at a Management Consulting firm.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with analytical techniques used for development and validation (conceptual foundation and technical merit) of wide range of risk and valuation models.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with one or more of analytical tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Excel/VBA, Matlab, C++, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (MA/MS/MBA strongly preferred) in quantitative discipline, (Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering).
- Masters or PhD in a Quantitative discipline.
- Strong academic credentials and publications, if applicable. Industry certifications such as FRM, PRM, CFA and strong academic performance (GRE, GMAT, GPA) preferred.
- Knowledge of tools/ vendor products such as Moody’s Risk Calc/ Risk Frontier / Credit Edge, Bloomberg, Reuters, Murex, QRM, etc.
- Banking: Understanding of banking products across retail and wholesale asset classes, frameworks and methodologies used in one or more of the areas listed above. Advanced skills in quantification and validation of risk model parameters (E.g.: PD, LGD, EAD) for Wholesale, SME and/or Retail Banking portfolios
- Capital Markets: Understanding of financial instruments/ products across equity, fixed income, derivatives and/or securitization space. Conceptual understanding or direct exposure to one or more of the following types of models: interest rate pricing models, equity and FX option pricing models, commodities, single and multifactor derivative pricing models, stochastic volatility models, etc.
- Risk Regulation: In-depth understanding of new/ evolving regulations in the Risk management space. Knowledge of CCAR, CECL, FRTB, IFRS9, Basel II/ 2.5/ III, Dodd Frank, etc.
- Exposure to working in globally distributed workforce environment including offshore model.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to interface effectively with the client individually and as a member of an engagement team
- Team-oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization.
- Ability to work around a dynamic business and travel schedule (up to 80% as necessary)