Quantitative Risk Analyst (Consumer Loans)
(This position can be worked REMOTELY as well)
The Sr Quantitative Risk Analyst conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
• Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
• Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
• May present findings to various levels of leadership.
• Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
• Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
• Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports
• Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
• Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
• Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
• Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline AND 5+ years related quantitative analysis experience OR PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline AND 2+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
• 6+ years of experience in statistical model development
• Advanced degree (PhD, MBA, MS, etc.) in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics, Finance, etc.)
• Experience in auto, personal loan, boat, RV, or motorcycle finance markets
• Knowledge in multiple statistical techniques (generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neutral Networks, Factor Analysis experimental design and hypothesis testing)
• Advanced knowledge of programming language(s) in SQL, SAS, R or other analysis software
• Understand and apply financial concepts, identify risks, propose recommendations and solutions to issues
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Proven ability to prepare and deliver oral presentations