Senior Data Statistician
will work with team of expert statisticians, and lead design, development, and implementation of advanced statistical algorithms including machine learning, OLS, logistic models, optimization strategies, cluster and other univariate techniques. In this position you will be responsible to provide tabular and visual insights using a variety of BI and other analytics tools. You will consult with client partners to aid in the adoption of statistically based strategies. Work with staff to prototype, size, and communicate value propositions. Senior Data Statistician will be responsible for implementation, monitoring and enhancements to production algorithms.
Design efficient & effective models to solve business problems and maximize ROI for company. Educate clients and provide guidance on analytics best practices for program design and measurement
·Apply knowledge of statistics to solve practical e-commerce, marketing and operations problems
·Design and execute high-impact research studies for new concept testing by applying state-of-the-art proprietary technology (e.g. Nielsen’s Optimizer) and developing cutting-edge statistical models.
·Design and analyze proprietary studies, incorporating statistical models to identify and diagnose new product launch evaluations.
Design and execute discrete choice and conjoint studies to analyze consumer switching behavior based on discrete choice data and conjoint multivariable regression models to assess business questions, including channel optimization and price sensitivity.
·Conduct validation research on existing statistical methods, and develop enhancements as needed.
·Partner with clients to understand their needs and perform relevant quantitative analysis, and create analytical prototypes for research and development purposes, using modern analytical programming and optimization algorithms and models.
·Automate additional reporting processes to empower non-analytics team members to report computation results on an on-going basis
·Document and present analytically derived results to internal business partners and external clients.
Communicating clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
Influencing others in both verbal and written mediums
Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
· PH.D. level education in mathematics, computer, statistics, physics
· 6 years applied experience in retail, banking on-line marketing strategic analytics.
· Experience with advanced statistical methods ranging from OLS modeling, cluster, hypothesis and covariance testing, to machine learning, path analysis and attribution analytics.
· Deep experience in statistical programming (SAS,R) on UNIX high performance computing platforms.
· Experience with logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, design of experiment and other statistical techniques
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
· Relationship builder who is solutions-oriented and can effectively link the interests of multiple stakeholders
Retail or CPG experience is a HUGE plus.