Software Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to support the Build Engineering, Operations, Monitoring and Deployment of platform tools including the development of automated deployment solutions.
· Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and setup errors for field engineers, technicians, and customers
· Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
· Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
* Knowledge of Source Code Management Systems
* Thorough understanding of Virtualization (e.g., VMWare, Xen)
* Rigorous Unit Testing Discipline With Code Coverage Targets
* Mastery of Deployment Management and CM Tools (e.g. Capistrano, Puppet, MCollective)
* Formal Issue/Bug Management and Team Collaboration Tools
* Experience with Formal Agile Development Techniques
* Experience with Java Application Servers (e.g., Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, Glassfish)
* Proficient with at least one of the following, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Perl or Other Scripting Tools
* Very Strong Understanding of UNIX/Linux Environment and Associated Tools
* Thorough understanding of Large Scale Networking and Security Concepts