This position will work closely with the Production Support, Infrastructure and Business Intelligence teams in the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems and performs engineering design evaluations.
o Maintain, grow and improve the Splunk environment
o Support large-scale deployments across multiple datacenters
o Monitor & track Splunk performance problems & administration
o Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom:
• Data Models
o Populate Splunk from 3rd party data sources (i.e. bash/python scripts/SQL DB/APIs)
o Report status through JIRA tickets and track work effectively
• 3+ year hands-on experience with distributed Splunk administration.
• 3 + Linux Systems administration experience
• Must be proficient in SPL (Splunk Processing Language).
• Experience Python/Perl or other OO based language
• Experience with Java-script & CSS/HTML a plus
• Exposure to database/big data technologies a plus
• SQL (MySQL, Oracle)
• No-SQL databases (Cassandra)