As a member of the Strategic Analytics Control & Governance Team, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the Strategic Analytics Team complies with and exceeds all internal / external controls and regulatory requirements. In addition to managing controls, this role also serves as the lead in completion of all internal and external model governance related items.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
• Responsible for analysis supporting Strategic Analytics Model Governance (as set by the Group Risk Model Policy) with respect to the department’s entire model inventory (25+ models)
• Provide support as needed for both the Strategic Analytics’ 60+ member team as well as the Model Risk Management (MRM) teams
• Work interactively with both groups to develop create templates specific to Strategic Analytics models that ensure a consistent and accepted approach towards compliance within the more general Group Model Risk policy.
• Create and develop any/all necessary modifications to Strategic Analytics model governance in accordance with future regulatory and Group policy changes
• Lead analysis and effort around control-related activities within Strategic Analytics ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
• Work to promote understanding and compliance of policies and active management of all Strategic Analytics’ activities’ controls
• Assist Team lead as necessary on key initiatives with regulators (FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank, PRA) and boards when necessary
• Create and refine any/all necessary modifications to Strategic Analytics control policies in accordance with any future regulatory and/or internal policy changes as needed
• Assist in key initiatives supporting the overall strategic mission of Strategic Analytics including other items such as Remote team management primary contact, Vendor management and Cross-team colleague engagement initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
• 2-3 years of financial services experience with progressive responsibilities over that period in model governance and control roles and/or model development/validation
• SAS/SQL or related analytical coding experience
• Hands on experience with model development and model validation
• Experience with developing process flows, control assessments or agreed-upon procedure work
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Master's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative). Machine Learning and/or Big Data related experience.