Sr. Marketing Analyst
This role will develop, manage, and deliver analytical solutions to solve complex business challenges. The Marketing Data Analyst will closely interact with online and offline Marketing, Product Development, Call Center Sales, Retail and Finance to influence key business decisions through fact-driven insights. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical and communication skills and have a history of thriving in fast- paced business environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively track trends and monitor factors impacting customer acquisition and retention efforts, communicating key drivers and variances to management.
- Support ad-hoc analysis, discussions and conclusions around the efficacy of marketing channels to drive revenue per customer, length of stay and lifetime value.
- Analyze data to describe customer behavior and preferences, understand marketing channel effectiveness, diagnose customer experience problems, size marketing opportunity and measure the impact of marketing initiatives.
- Develop queries and performs extensive programming to access, transform and prepare data for analysis, ad-hoc and automated reporting and modeling.
- Prepare and deliver insight presentations and recommendations. Communicates complex material in digestible terms appropriate for each audience. Educate company executives and the broader marketing team on analytical findings and implications using storytelling and data visualization techniques.
- Design analytic plans, translating business problems/opportunities into analytic approaches. Engage with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand each business question. Probe for hidden questions and goals. Bring structure to each request and translate requirements into the appropriate analytic approach.
- Design and develop models to target marketing offers including identifying look-a-like targeting opportunities and next best offer recommendations. Responsible for model validation, implementation and documentation.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Qualifications (Include Education and Specific Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Analytics, Operations Research, Economics or other quantitative field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a history of taking on additional analytical responsibilities.
- Domain experience in marketing analytics: customer acquisition, digital marketing, response modeling, identifying customer needs, predicting customer behavior, next best offer, churn, customer lifetime value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience presenting to senior executives distilling complex concepts into actionable recommendations.
- Expertise in data manipulation via SQL, R and Excel required. Python experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of relational databases required.
- Preferred experience utilizing statistical and machine learning methods including: data imputation, propensity models, regression (logistic, linear), clustering (k-nearest neighbors, hierarchical), decision trees (CHAID, CART), random forest, uplift modeling, optimization, simulation, time series, hazard function and survival analysis, Bayesian methods, principal component analysis, support vector machines, association rules, ensemble methods, forecasting, model validation, design of experiments, text mining.