Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst- Market Risk
The Sr Quantitative Risk Analyst conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures. Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Quantitative type Bachelor's degree AND 5+ years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation AND 4+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD AND 2+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Extensive work experience in market and/or liquidity risk management in a trading/investment management/capital market environment, and/or solid ALM experience at mid-sized or large banks, or insurance companies
- Strong product knowledge in at least one asset class (Rates, Credit, Equities, Securitized Products, Derivatives, etc.) or good product knowledge across a diverse range of investment products
- Prior market risk governance experience in (A). Establishing and exercising controls surrounding risk measurement, risk limits, monitoring and escalation, and regulatory risk reporting; AND (B). Representing market risk in various levels of corporate committees, managing calendar, agenda, presentation materials, and meeting minutes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate in-depth risk discussions with first-line business managers/leaders and present risk strategies/recommendations to senior management
- Strong project management/prioritization skills to drive a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative environment
- CFA, FRM
- High proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel (incl. VBA), Access (or SQL), and PowerPoint