Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst- Market Risk
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
- Extensive work experience in market or investment risk management in an investment management/capital market environment, and/or solid ALM experience at life insurance companies.
- Strong product knowledge in valuing/modeling life policies and annuities, and working knowledge in fixed income products, such as rates, credit, securitized products, etc.
- Prior experience with strategic asset allocation, portfolio optimization and risk attribution against benchmarks strongly preferred.
- Prior market risk governance experience in establishing and exercising controls surrounding risk measurement, risk appetite and limits, and representing market risk in various levels of corporate committees, managing agenda, and presentation materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate in-depth risk discussions with first-line business managers/leaders and present risk strategies/recommendations to the senior management.
- Strong project management/prioritization skills to drive a cross-function team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline, or post graduate qualifications within relevant fields, such as CFA, FRM, and actuarial designations.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel (incl. VBA), PowerPoint, and Database/SQL.