VP, Consumer Lending Acquisitions
VP, (Consumer Lending) Acquisition Group Lead
This position provides leadership in developing and managing end to end Consumer Loan product credit strategies that integrate effectively into existing systems and processes while delivering strong and consistent performance. The Acquisition Risk Group Lead role provides:
• Development of underwriting strategies for Personal Installament loan product
• Loan amount strategy design & development framework
• Strategy implementation and validation
• Risk performance tracking & monitoring
o Accountabilities- Responsible for end to end credit management of Consumer loan product (Underwriting, loan eligibility, pricing, loss forecasting)
o Stakeholder management and leadership- Manage a team of 4-5 Risk analysts. Work with Segment / Strategic Analytics / Decision Science staff to ensure project completion within agreed time frames and end-client satisfaction. Contribute to the broader Risk Analytics department through participation in peer reviews, analytics forums, and ad hoc project collaboration.
o Strategic Decisions- Develop strategies using statistical analysis techniques such as CHAID Decision Trees, optimization procedures, loss forecasting, enhanced process monitoring, data quality analyses, and incorporate score implementations. Analyze, validate, track, and monitor delivered projects. Produce robust documentation to ensure results can be replicated and fulfil governance requirements.
o Risk and Control- All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
• University degree in quantitative discipline required (ex. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics). Graduate studies, Masters or PhD preferred but not required.
• 8+ years analytical work experience in a financial services company strongly preferred.
• Prior people management experience
• Proficiency with analytical software (e.g.,SAS), SQL tools (e.g., Oracle), Unix platforms, Knowledge Seeker, and MS Office required.
• Strong analytical, technical and/or statistical skills with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information.
• Strong communication skills & ability to work independently.
• Project management skills.