VP, Fraud Rules Manager
· Manage fraud rules and models to optimise effectiveness of Fraud strategies and policies across application, authorization and authentication channels covering all fraud types for card and loan products.
· Ensure compliance of fraud policies and controls with Governance and Change Control procedures.
· Engage and interact with Vendors to assess and manage new/existing fraud detection tools.
· Lead, develop and mentor team of analysts across onshore and offshore sites.
· Optimize fraud rules to maintain high performance level and strong fraud detection Ensure fraud rules/policies are deployed in Fraud systems as per change control procedure.
· Rapidly identify emerging fraud trends through data driven analysis and develop tactical/strategic fraud rules to address them.
· Perform data/statistical analysis to keep Fraud systems and processes at the cutting edge of fraud detection by identifying areas of potential fraud risk and/or potential opportunity to improve fraud policies, strategies and controls
· Support Strategic Fraud initiatives or Bank-wide initiatives outlined by the business in relation with fraud strategy and policy rules.
· Assess impact of enhancement/upgrade to Fraud model and/or Fraud system enhancements.
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
· Work closely with Fraud Operations in management of Fraud cases volumes, Strategy changes and mitigation of Fraud trends.
· Accountable for communicating proposed strategies and for delivering appropriate reporting and MI to relevant business stakeholders
· Update Senior Management on specific areas of fraud risk and/or potential opportunity fraud detection improvement.
· Participate in bank-wide projects and interact with external vendor as representative of Fraud Risk Management team.
· Lead, develop and mentor team of analyst within Fraud analytics function.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
· Strong analytical ability to identify fraud patterns through data analysis.
· Ability to carefully assess and make good judgemental decisions with regards to changes to existing fraud rules especially when there is no conclusive data to support the decision.
· Require good fraud instincts in development of fraud strategies anticipating the potential impact to genuine customers while preventing fraud losses
· Ability to understand the entire process flow for fraud strategy and operations controls to be able to evaluate impact from specific system/business changes on the overall Fraud detection.
· Ability to understand the entire authorization process flow to ensure effectiveness of fraud controls.
· Four-year bachelors college degree with 7 year’s work experience in Fraud Risk management or Master’s degree with 5 year’s work experience in Fraud Risk management
· 5+ years programming experience in SQL/SAS/Unix/Oracle programming
· 5+ years of experience in performing data and statistical analysis for fraud strategy development and management under risk management function
· Credit card experience strongly preferred especially in risk management function
· Experience in Fraud detection preferred, but not required
· Masters or Higher degree in Quantitative discipline preferred
· Strong analytical skills, technical skills in SAS/SQL and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
· Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
· Strong communication skills & ability to work independently
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Experience managing team of analysts