VP, Operations Strategy Lead
About Data Governance Office
The Data Governance Office is a holistic data management program encompassing group-wide data architecture, spanning and integrated consistently across Business Units, Technology and Group Functions.
· The Lead is critical to the organization in ensuring execution and documentation of defined business rules.
· This role will collaborate with all business areas in ensuring identification, prioritization and maintenance of Critical Data Elements (CDE) for internal and external reports.
· Accountable for the identification, prioritization and maintenance of Critical Data Elements (CDE) for internal and external reports.
· Accountable for the execution of defined business rules for local Critical Data Elements and documentation of the results (e.g. data quality material risk, data quality defect count etc.).
· Establish a process to capture, prioritize, triage and manage data quality issues across internal and external reports, including issues for other controls (e.g. reconciliations, EUCs/spreadsheets etc.)
· Accountable for remediation tracking of issues within established SLA’s
· Lead the process of defining Data Quality measurement and monitoring metrics on dashboards/scorecards
· Accountable for creation and publishing of the dashboard/scorecard with appropriate metrics interpretation and commentary
· Lead data quality training initiative
· Bachelor’s degree and/ or equivalent work experience
· 3 + Financial sector experience
· 3+ years in Management positions
· Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· MBA preferred
· 3+ years of experience leading operational teams
· Demonstrated capability to manage groups within a fast-paced and evolving environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities
· Able to quickly identify possible compliance issues
· Experience working with Process and Change Management
· Detail oriented
· Strong communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to interpret and document disclosures using appropriate language and terminology
· Proven leadership skills
· Ability to plan and manage at the strategic and operational levels
· Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with executive level customers and partner, as well as, internal and external contacts
· Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents
· Superior presentation skills
· Highly motivated, energetic, extremely personable, comfortable working closely with executive management
· Exceptional leadership skills in developing strategy, hiring, retaining and developing top talent and effectively dealing with performance issues