Big Data Developers LT Contract
Big Data engineer adept in transforming various data sets and integrating with several applications. Strong proficiency with Spark/Scala/Python.
Experience with HIGH VOLUME messages, (million messages per second), is a big plus.
• Design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements
• Follow life cycle methodologies, create design documents, and perform program coding and testing.
• Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Codes software applications to support internal business requirements or external customers.
• Standardize quality assurance procedure for software and oversee testing and develop fixes
• Design and development of software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems
• Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka
• 3 to 5 years software design/development/test/support experience utilizing Java/Scala/C++
• Hands-on development experience in design, testing and support of Java/Scala/C++ applications
• Hands-on expertise with HBase, Kafka and Spark/ Scala/Python
• Experienced in Data Analysis using HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL
• Understanding of Big Data concepts and components including: YARN, Queues, Datameer
• Familiarity in Dev/Ops environment (Knowledge of Puppet, Chef, Python)
• Ability to write simple to complicated SQL and able to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using existing complicated queries
• Excellent communication skills
• BS in in technical area and Prefer MS in Computer Science