Data Scientist – Product Analytics - LT Contract
Data Science team is seeking a strong analytic modeler to design, develop and implement models and machine learning to develop and deliver product analytics to improve and enhance products and services.
- Work with various Product Owners to:
o Translate business issues into technical requirements and data science problem
o Identify data and data sources needed
o Determine the best suited modeling approach for individual business issues
o Run analysis / modeling processes
o Develop visualizations and reports to explain methodology and results
o Deliver actionable recommendations to Product Owners
· Ability to translate analysis and results into actionable business recommendations.
· Ability to be self-starter and work independently as necessary
• 3 years experience as an engineer / data scientist / statistical researcher
• Expertise with statistical data analysis (linear, multilevel models, sampling methods, causal inference, experimentation)
• Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets (Spark)
• Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
• Experience using big data pipelines (e.g. Spark)
• Strong experience in data story telling with visualizations
• Strong grasp of the scientific method
• MS degree in a quantitative discipline (including, but not limited to, statistics, operations research,