Quantitative Analyst - Pricing
This role will contribute to the innovation, creation, and launch of value-adding products that uniquely leverage the vast amount of data resources available. All efforts are focused on combining business acumen and strategy to maximize sales, drive growth, and increase profitability. This role is expected to lead statistical modeling efforts for traditional and new channels, create best-in-class pricing frameworks based upon various supporting analyses and research including market research, customer segmentation, price elasticity, willingness to pay, retention and satisfaction, competitive analysis and price-volume trade-offs.
- Help the team utilize analytic tools (i.e. Unix, SAS, SQL, CHAID, Python, and Open Source tools such as R is a plus) data query tools to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data analysis and MIS reporting for management to make timely, informed decisions.
- Analyze data and create and validate financial assumptions that feed into volume growth and profitability models
- Draw conclusions by making recommendations for developing or modifying existing strategies.
- Incorporate financial models and investment decisioning into marketing programs
- Continually enhance standard reports
- Develop junior analyst’s abilities to write queries, pull data, assemble reporting and subsequently drive new strategies.
- 5 years’ experience in complex, data-driven problem solving including product pricing and creation of financial profitability models.
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree (OR related work experience) in a quantitative discipline such as
- Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science is preferred
- Strong Working Knowledge of data query tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Hive, Oracle, VB and Unix
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong presentation/communication skills