Sr. Data Scientist, Cyber-Security LT Contract
Senior Data Scientist will assist the core Cybersecurity team in the overall data strategy for Security products and in-house solutions to consolidate vulnerabilities across the enterprise.
They will provide technical expertise and leadership on designing and developing statistical/machine learning models to analyze multiple data sets in a big data environment. This will involve leading, developing, and deploying a robust cyber-security vulnerability data strategy.
· Lead data engineering with proven techniques, including design, development, and efficacy testing
· Apply statistical, machine learning and big-data techniques to security, specifically in anomaly detection, pattern recognition, behavior-based analysis, and correlation
· Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining mission critical security analytics solutions to make vulnerability data more actionable for remediation
· Creates prototypes in a lean/agile manner in order to influence product direction
· Documents development efforts through system design flows, data models, etc.
· Ph. D. or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline
· 3+ years experiences as data scientist with strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
· Extensive experience designing and executing machine learning models and applications
· Working experience in big data environment including AWS, Apache Spark, and Hadoop
· Programming language experience including Python/scikit-learn/matplotlib, R, Scala or Java
· Experience devising and driving applied research projects from proof-of-concept through implementation
· Experience with manipulating data and ETL in parallel processing and distributed computing environments
· Excellent presentation and communication skills